Visual Designers weave iconography, typography, color, space and texture together to help our users successfully navigate our products. We believe that all of our products should be beautiful and accessible. As a Visual Designer, you’ll delight users with designs that inspire, engage and excite them. You’ll rely on user-centered design principles to produce high-quality visuals—from concept to execution—across many platforms. Like all of our User Experience (UX) jobs, you’ll collaborate with your fellow designers to constantly refine the Metron design language and create innovative, great-looking products that people love to use.
- Design one or more of Metron's consumer facing products.
- Create a look consistent with all of Metron while pleasing our users.
- Communicate effectively in a cross-functional product development team and present ideas and designs effectively.
- Present the user interface visually so information is easy to read, easy to understand and easy to find.
- Market and promote products and features so users understand what they're getting and what the benefits are.
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience designing outstanding web-based products for a consumer-oriented website.
- Proficient with industry standard design tools (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch).
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for platforms such as desktop and mobile, Android and iOS.
- Proven ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centered design process.
- Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships.